Want to start commuting by bike but don’t know how to to start or what you need? Come to Cynergy on the evening of March 22nd at 7pm to learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about getting around town by bike.
We’ll answer questions such as;
- What makes a commuter bike and which one is right for me?
- Do I need lights and locks?Â What kind are suitable for me?
- How do I carry my stuff?
- What do I wear?
- What if it’s raining?
- Cars and traffic frighten me, how do I navigate the streets?
- Where do I park my bike?
- Do I have to wear all that bike stuff?
We will have certified League Cycling Instructors (LCI), from the new Santa Monica Bike Center – the largest bike hub in the nation – and Santa Monica Spoke, our local community bike group and regional chapter of LACBC. Both are focused on promoting cycling through inspiration and education and working with the local governments to improve bike infrastructure here in Santa Monica as well as the surrounding region. They will be available to answer question on the BC facilities and programs (which are not just for members) as well as what is happening with Santa Monicaâ€™s new Bike Action Plan. Weâ€™ll conclude the evening with a bike ride to the Bike Center for a short tour of the facilities.
Commuter Clinic Special Offers
- Cynergy will pay your first 6 months of membership at the Santa Monica Bike Center.
- Join the Cynergy Commuter Club and get 15% off of all of your commuter needs – tires, tubes, lubes.